- QASA was founded pursuant to the Non Profit Organizations Act and represents the autonomous Regional Associations as reflected in its constitution.
- The Association is a body corporate and has an identity distinct from its members or office bearers.
- The official mandate is derived from the basis that the Association is legally constituted.
- The constitution has been amended and approved during the annual general meeting conducted on31 August 2008.
- To combat quadriplegia and paraplegia
- Protecting and furthering of interest of quadriplegics and paraplegics by the formulation of national policy and strategy
- In order to develop and ensure the full potential and quality of the life of quadriplegics and paraplegics.
Mission success factors
To be successful we:
- Visibility of both the organization and results achieved;
- Effective organization structure with regional buy-in;
- Succession Planning and leadership development;
- Understanding of target group;
- Structured strategic pan with supporting programmes;
- Effective communication;
- Internalized value system;
- Effective infrastructure and technology;
- Membership development/database;
- Superior management/leadership; and
- Uncompromised commitment.
- “Developing the full potential of quadriplegics and paraplegics”.
Internal value system
- Integrity (Transparency, Honor) (means that all members have a role to play through a positive attitude and enthusiasm.)
- Mutual respect requires us to treat others as we wish to be treated and to have an interest in our fellow human beings.
- Trust implies that we walk the talk and that our genuineness and honesty creates trust among members.
Click the link to download the full document. “QASA STRATEGIC PLAN 2010”